These banana ice cream bars are the perfect healthy-ish yet decadent dessert or afternoon snack. They are so simple to make, and highly addictive!
Pro tip: make a large batch, as they will disappear in no time 🙂
Frozen Chocolate Banana Pops
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 100g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half, then skewer each half using a popsicle stick, chopstick or dessert spoon.
- Heat the plant-based milk on a stove or microwave (be careful not to boil it), then remove it from the heat and add in the vegan dark chocolate, coconut oil, salt and vanilla extract and stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Dip each skewered banana into the chocolate mixture and lay it flat on a baking paper lined tray. Sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on each one.
- Freeze the pops for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle on some natural peanut butter before serving.